Based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
October 23, 2007
Press / Business contact:
+31 (0) 20 33 77 834
Hi, we're WeirdBeard Games – a six dev strong independent game studio based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our games are a healthy mix of good, clean fun and our own quirky sense of humor. We like to make games that can be played by everyone, but still provide a bit of a challenge for those gamers who are more experienced. Right now we're putting the final touches on our first console / PC game - Tricky Towers! It's the spiritual successor to 99 Bricks: Wizard Academy which was released for iOS and Android in 2014. We enjoy playing games together here at the WeirdBeard office and so we're excited to bring a multiplayer game of our own to market.
WeirdBeard was founded in 2007 and started of with the development of Flash Games, both our own IPs as well as advergames. Our focus lay with creating games that had something recognizable for the player and something fresh, games with a twist you could say.Present Day
We have shifted from Flash development to Unity and are working on self publishing various titles in the coming years. From our studio in Amsterdam we develop games for promotional, educational and entertainment purposes.
There are currently no trailers available for WeirdBeard. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for WeirdBeard, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nomination BIG Festival Best Gameplay award: Tricky Towers" - BIG Festival 2016
- "Nomination Game Connection Europe in 4 categories: Tricky Towers" - Game Connection Europe 2015
- "Winner Dutch Game Awards Best mobile game: 99 Bricks Wizard Academy" - Dutch Game Awards, 2014
- "Nomination for best Advergame: Phineas and ferb Rocket to the Stars" - Dutch Game Awards, 2011
- "Nomination for best online game: 99 Bricks" - Dutch Game Awards, 2009
- "Winner Mochimedia and Warner Bros. Batman Brave and the Bold Contest" - 2009
- "Winner Mochimedia Flash Game Friday: 99 Bricks" - 2009
- "WeirdBeard maakt Vrijheidsgame"
- Telegraaf, Telegraaf
- "Van Liempt Live Serious games als opleider"
- RTL Z, RTLZ
- "WeirdBeard mee op handelsmissie met Koninklijk paar"
- NOS, NPO
- "Artsen in AMC doen aan Serious gaming"
- NOS, NOS
- "Nederlandse minigame voor marketing Need for Speed"
- Entertainment Business, Entertainment Business
Tricky Towers coming soon http://www.trickytowers.com.
99 Bricks Wizard Academy
Play 99 Bricks Wizard Academy on iOS and Android http://www.99bricks.net.
Play Carnage on kongregate.com.
99 Bricks Legend of Garry
Play 99 Bricks Legend of Garry on kongregate.com.
Batman Gotham City Rush
Play Batman Gotham City Rush on kongregate.com.
99 Bricks Classic
Play the original 99 Bricks on kongregate.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Game Director, Artist
Jonathan van Woudenberg
Joran de Raaff